Media Credential Request
Thank you for your interest in covering the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion.
Media credentials are authorized and issued by the Birthplace of Country Music, the producers of the festival.
Given the popularity and reputation of the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, there is high demand for entrance to the Festival. The Birthplace of Country Music has established the following policies regarding Media Credentials and coverage for the Festival:
• Only members of the Media assigned to cover the Festival from a recognized media outlet may qualify for a Media Credential. If you are applying to the Festival for the first time, please include links to your previous coverage of music festivals or shows. Journalists with no supporting articles will not be considered.
• The Birthplace of Country Music defines “Media” as: journalists, photographers, editors, or producers who have a verified and specific editorial assignment to cover the Festival for a specific media outlet (print, radio, TV) that generate original articles or reviews on general entertainment, music, news, travel, etc.
• Bloggers and web journalists’ media requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Freelance journalists without a specific assignment from a media outlet will not be considered for Media Credentials.
• Advertising personnel, marketing and sales associates, runners or guests, and other similar support staff employed by media outlets do not qualify for Media Credentials.
• Radio stations should refrain from asking for more than two credentials per station. We cannot accommodate every person who has show on every station. Station managers or program directors should send an assignment letter for each assigned journalist.
• If you are not from the Media, do not try to use other contacts you may know who are associated with the Festival to leverage Media Credentials. The way to support this incredible community and music event is to buy a ticket.
• If you are a patron who has tickets to the Festival, please do not ask for a Photo Credential.
• If approved for a Media Credential, do not take a valid Credential and give it to another person not approved by the Birthplace of Country Music staff. Our media credentials have an RFID chip on them, and your Credential identifies you with that assigned Credential.
• The Festival staff maintains the right to issue, deny, or revoke Media Credentials at its discretion at all times.
Application Deadline is Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
Only members of the media with approved Festival Media Credentials will be allowed into the Festival.